2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Omen Control refusing to start

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello
I made a similar post a while ago, but gave up attempting to repair the issue. 
However, due to the fact that I wish to pass on my current PC, I need to resolve it. 
I have an HP Omen PC 870-2XX, product number Z5M58AA#ABA, serial number 4CE8152K0K.
This computer has a single LED unit at the front of the device. 
A while back, a critical error occurred and my hard drive was corrupted, so I had to reinstall Windows.
Everything on the computer runs fine, albeit with the exception of HP Omen Control, which refuses to boot, giving the error message: This Application was unable to start correctly (Error 0xc00007b). Click to close.
I have already attempted all solutions offered by previous threads, including reinstalling HP Omen Control, HP Event Utility, Microsoft .NET drivers, installing HP Omen Gaming Suite, reinstalling all drivers, and attempting to revert drivers to initial states. 
The LEDs on the front of my PC are cycling in a rainbow fashon, and it is very annoying. 
A previous representative also attempted to help me, however none of their answers helped. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-Omen-refuses-to-Start-Error-0xc00007b/td-p/7444591

They cited to install the latest version of HP Omen Control, which was slated for Laptop use, not Desktop.
Then, they linked BIOS and Chipset updates to a completely different line of Omen PCs
After which, Recovery Manager did not help at all, as even the reverted form was still giving the same error
And lastly, the Microsoft "Fresh Copy" wasn't Omen Control at all, instead being Omen Command Center, a completely different software.
Please help, i'm at my wit's end
-Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation