cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
SkyLego
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Omen Desktop 880-120 - Upgrades (SLI, PSU)

HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop 880-120

Hello!

I'm interested in the new HP Omen Gaming PC 880-120.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05814074

It's unclear to me whether the motherboard supports SLI configuration (if I wanted to add a second GTX 1080 for instance). The chat agent could not help unfortunately.

Also, how upgradable are PSUs on Omen Desktop PCs?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,324 18,950 2,929 9,350
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SkyLego, welcome to the forum.

While the motherboard has two PCI 3.0 x16 slots, I don't believe that it is SLI compatible.  I don't see anything about it in the User Guide here.  This would be a major option and I believe that it would be mentioned.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,324 18,950 2,929 9,350
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SkyLego, welcome to the forum.

While the motherboard has two PCI 3.0 x16 slots, I don't believe that it is SLI compatible.  I don't see anything about it in the User Guide here.  This would be a major option and I believe that it would be mentioned.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

SkyLego
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@old_geekster

Thank you for your reply. That's what I was concerned about that and I tend to agree with you. SLI should be mentioned in the motherboard documentation if it was supported.

Fulcher88
Level 2
17 5 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A little off topic but have you looked at the Omen 870-213W? It is a little cheaper and specs out pretty close. Could save you a little money so you could in turn drop an upgrade in it? Just a thought. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation