Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased an Omen desktop and I am concerned about how loud the pc seems to be running, I've looked at other forum post about this and a few people have said about the bad air flow but I don't think this is the issue as I've tried running the PC with out its side cover on with plenty of space around it with no improvement.

I think its the GPU that is the loud component its a GTX 1070 and I don't believe I am running it under any stress.

Not sure if anyone has had the same issues or can help.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MrBellamy , welcome to the forum.

You should open the side panel of the case and get as close as possible to determine where the noise is being generated.  If it is the video card, what kind of sound is it, grinding, high pitch, etc.?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello thanks for getting back to me.

So when i have taken off the side panel and the noise is coming from the video card, and its a whirling of the fan but it seems really loud. 

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @MrBellamy !

I suggest that you contact HP Customer Support for help.  It sounds to me like you may have a failing fan in the video card.  I don't want you to have a failed card out of waranty.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.