Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Could we please get an answer to this ... the blinking light is very annoying

HP Recommended

Has there been a fix for this yet? I have to shut down my PC every night to avoid the blinking sleep light.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a fix to this yet. I also experience the same problem with the blinking light. 

I had talked to an agent about this issue a couple weeks ago. In Omen Gaming Hub > Omen Desktop > Lighting, he had me click Zone 1 (which represents the power light), and then under Advanced, we reduced the intensity to 0. That accomplished turning off the power light. We assumed that solved the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. When I put the computer in sleep mode, the power light came back on and flashed in and out as usual.

I then went back to Omen Gaming Hub and tried out 2 additional things. First, I tried changing the color of the Zone 1 power light a few times, as well as at different intensities. Each time, the power light remained white, flashing, and at full brightness during sleep mode. That confirmed to me that the lighting settings in Omen Gaming Hub are independent of the sleep mode light.

Then, I tried turning Zone 1 (power light) off. For whatever reason, that temporarily worked.
For the first couple tries, the power light did not come back on during sleep mode.

But after that day of bliss, the power light turned back on while putting the computer into sleep mode. I don't know what caused it to revert back to what it was doing before. None of the lighting settings in the Game Hub changed. I did try playing around again with the light settings, but it seems the power light has "decided" to turn on while in sleep mode. I'm thinking that perhaps the issue needs to be resolved through the motherboard BIOS settings, and that it's out of the user's hands for now until HP can create options for that.

I shared all this information with an HP supervisor, who had followed up with me on the issue. So, hopefully tech support is at least fully aware of this problem by now. For now, I'm doing as you are, Yojimbo124, and shutting down my computer every time at night before bed. Definitely disappointing, and I hope this can be solved (perhaps with an update package?) sometime this year.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply DAK, I appreciate all the information. Hopefully, HP is able to issue soon.

I ended up putting a few sticky notes over the logo to block the light and that will be my solution for the time being.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Are you able to bring us an update on the issue? The HP Omen Command Center software needs a feature added to it that adjusts or disables the (excessively bright) strobe light pulsing that occurs when the OMEN 25L is in sleep mode.

HP Recommended

@YoJimbo124 I did a stickie note too! Doesn't quite work with one (just makes the light whatever color the stickie is) but doubled or tripled did the trick

HP Recommended

@Xxcharlie Used 4x Stickie here!. It's in my bedroom so I needed to block it as much as possible. 

HP Recommended

Love the computer but the pulsing eye when it's in sleep mode is nearly enough to make me return it.

Who thought that was a good idea HP?

Please provide a path to resolve this issue...

HP Recommended

HP sort this out please. Never in my life I’ve had to worry about crap like this when using Apple computers. This is ridiculous.

HP Recommended

Yup. I’m ready to return this too. Would love a response 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.