Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Over the past couple of days my OMEN Desktop has been randomly grey / black screening.

2 days ago, I went to check TeamSpeak and the screen turned grey, forcing me to turn it off by holding down the power button.

Yesterday, I clicked a tool on Photoshop and it black screened, again, forcing me to turn it off in the same manner.

This morning, after finally loading up Windows 10 as it always used to, I went to uninstall McAfee as I suspected that might be the issue, and it black screened again.

I have done every method of troubleshooting you can thinking of, from restore points, to reinstalling Windows (though it didn’t finish due to a black screen), to running a systems diagnostics, everything. Yet nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and isn’t there any way to solve it?

At the moment the only way it seems to fix it is to just leave it overnight then try it again the next morning.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It sounds like you have some type of hardware problem. Did you add any internal hardware since purchase?

Try running HP Hardware Diagnostic component tests.

What version of Windows 10 are you working with? You could be having a hardware, or hardware driver problem. Or a problem with an older peripheral device connected to the PC.

Only connect keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

You should be in warranty. Contact HP Support (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.