Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure if it's technically crashing or not, but, while playing games my monitors will shut off and say that they cannot detect a video source. The tower still has power and is lit up, there is no sound at all. I turn it off normally, but turning it back on is the issue. Pressing it once doesn't work, holding the power button, unplugging it and plugging it back in. Eventually with no warning it turns itself back on. Just wondering what could possibly be the cause of this? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rhemy

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that HP omen desktop crashing while playing games. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What game are you playing when it crashes?
  • Have you tried with different application or website?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.