Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop 1M6C5EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I recently got an HP Omen Desktop with Intel Core I7 10700F 2.90GHz processor and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card with 8GB VRAM and 16GB work RAM. Unfortunately I'm not able to play games such as Transport Fever 2 and Cities Skylines. I play these games without modifications and on low settings. I even tried to set a lower resolution but the games still crash. Transport Fever 2 crashes right after the map loads and Cities Skylines stutters a lot when I load a new game. I also have stripes going through the screen.

Letters in the browser seem pixelated and sometimes square shaped. This is fixed when I press a button on my keyboard or move my mouse over the letter. Also on the windows user logon screen I notice black squares flickering for half a second. Then my desktop appears.

I'm really frustrated and I posted my issue on the Steam Community forums for both games, NVIDIA's forum and now I hope someone here has an answer. Please help me.

I updated the NVIDIA driver to the latest: 471.41.

I don't know what information is best to share, crash reports, system information.. if you guys need anything I provide it as soon as possible.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello

OMEN 25L GT12-0032ng Desktop PC Product Specifications
this computer model, should be able to run different games
the type of problem you mention could be a simple driver problem, but also a hardware problem
If this is not a problem with a new version of windows

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-desktop-pc-25l-gt12-0000i/33492320/model/37920...
Just try reinstalling the available HP drivers, oldest to newest after trying a few games (if not better)
If none of the drivers, do not change the problem reinstall the computer at the factory for testing or contact the dealer, or hp directly!

edit

for gities skylines have you try this ?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/cant-figure-out-my-terrible-framerate-on-nvidia-1070.10...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/1318836262667289669/

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I tried downgrading the nvidia drivers by downloading them via this HP website. That didn't resolve the issue. All drivers are updated by the HP Support program. The issue still exists.

For Cities Skylines I can play in windowed mode and the blue stripes only appear sometimes. The game stutters, then the map goes full blue and then resets. I've looked at the links you send me and sadly that didn't resolve it. I'll write on the Paradox forums too to see if anyone has a solution there.

HP Recommended

in my opinion don't waste your time
you should be running most games, which doesn't seem to be the case!
Either as I indicated, you try to reinstall windows, avoid installing a new version while testing
for example if you have the original 2004 version do not install the next one!
install one or two games, nothing more, just what is necessary for the operation of the computer
test, if you have the same problem, it may be a problem with the graphics card or something else!
if not, see directly to make a request for support, from your reseller

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

In the notifications screen of Windows it says 'Application is blocked from accessing graphics hardware'. When I google the message it tells to re-install graphics drivers (which I've done multiple times as stated before). Otherwise add a TdrDelay registry key in the Windows registry. I've done that, but Windows is still blocking Cities.exe. Might that be the problem? It's also doing it for Transport Fever 2. I haven't tested other games yet.

HP Recommended

I had never encountered this error before
I am trying to research, it comes up that indeed most often it would be the driver, but since you have tried several, it could be the card itself

but I found the same thing indeed
if not, it is repair options that will have to be tested

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I'm back with a small update. I didn't have the chance to try factory settings/clean install windows yet. Hopefully today, and I hope it fixes the problem. It's definitely a graphics card issue because when I boot up in safe mode, atleast the flickering on Windows User Logon screen disappears. Also the message that the application was blocked from using graphics hardware somehow disappeared. I think the driver downgrade (from 471.41 to the last version on HP's website) solved the issue.

I'll try factory settings/clean windows install and leave as it is and see how the computer behaves. Otherwise I'd have to return the computer.

I also ran all HP diagnostics and they have all succeeded.

I'm leaving the topic open for now so I can update when I have time to reinstall Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.