Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Obelisk 875-1120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, I purchased the HP Omen Obelisk last week and so far it has been great. It is packed with a water-cooled intel i7 9700k 8 core processor @ 3.6 ghz, RTX 2070 super as the GPU, 512 GB M.2 SSD storage, and 16 GB of RAM. (with 4 total DIMM slots).

My only concerns really is the cooling. I have no actually had any real issues, but only concerns. Does this case not have any intake fans whatsoever?! It has your typical exhaust fan on the back, the power supply has its own fan, and the GPU as well, of course. And like I said, the CPU is water cooled. The side panel isn't vented/grated either. And no intake fans on the front of the case, and it is not vented as well. And lastly, the bottom doesn't have an intake fan, but has a magnetic filter. So seems to me like there isn't but air flow or ventilation. 

I play the new Call of Duty, and temps are fine. It seems to be run it very well. But the thought of no air-flow worries me, as I am a worry freak 😄 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Bo13 

Others have had the same question. There is venting to allow air inside, you just cant see it as obviously as with other PC cases.

Here is a link to a person who added another fan to the case and found that it didn't do anything for his temps. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Where-how-to-install-additional-120mm-fan-in-Omen-Obel...

I'm confident there is nothing to worry about as far as air ventilation.

HP Recommended

Hey there, @Photoray002

Thanks for your reply. Where do you see the venting? It just seems to me there isn't much air that is actually flowing across the parts, and then exhausted out like it should. Seems to me like there aren't any intake fans at all. 

HP Recommended

There are no intake fans, correct. If you wish to mod your case, by all means, I just dont think it will result in much difference.

You could always crack open the side door and see if it makes a big difference or not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.