Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk desktop

Can anyone provide dimensions of the power supply or what size this can can accomodate? I have this desktop on order and looking at a fanless powersupply that is 150 mm (W) x 170 mm (L) x 86 mm (H). Unsure if it will fit.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@chrtravels, welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you. 🙂

It's the HP Omen Obelisk desktop Model: 875-0014. Ordered this model from Best Buy. I haven't been able to find the details so far so figured I would measure the psu when it arrives but if you have any info on this it would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @chrtravels.  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  I believe your idea to wait and measure the PSU when the computer arrives is a very good idea.  Since this is a new model I am not familiar with the PSU.  It is 500W and should be more than powerful enough for the components installed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks, appreciate the help. I already have the specs page but unfortunately it doesn't list the needed dimensions.

I'll just wait until it arrives and see about updating the post with the specs. I understand it's a bronze power supply

and looking to upgrade to a titanium class fanless power supply if it will fit. If not i'll go with the platinum. Anything

to reduce extra heat and noise.

Thanks again,

Chris

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @chrtravels.

HP never provides the dimensions of the components.  I believe that you will be surprised at the small amount of noise made by the PSU.  I am sitting about 2 feet from my Omen 880-160se and can only hear the fan on the liquid cooling a bit, but not the PSU fan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.