Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop

Every time I play League of Legends, I will experience random freezes that last for a couple of seconds. The screen and mouse will not move, and the keyboard does not respond either. I have not tried it with other games because this is the only game I play for longer periods of time.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A couple of items can cause this symptom:

1. Update graphics drivers. You probably have an Nvidia GPU (Link to Nvidia driver update).

2. Heat issues. Download and run Furmark (Link). Run one of the GPU tests for at least 20 minutes

Select full screen. Use native resolution and set Furmark to display temps as the test runs. Then run the CPU burner test.

3. Faulty hardware. Run HP UEFI Diagnostics at boot.

Tap "ESC"at boot. Then "F2". Run System Tests to check hardware.

Regards

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem with mine playing overwatch. The freeze usually happens to me once a game. When I get back in the game my latency shoots up crazy as well. This has been happening to me ever since I started playing on it out of the box.

HP Recommended

Did you solve your issue?

HP Recommended

@Kruegs1997 

Have you tried looking in the Task Manger to see if a service is taking up high resources at the time the freeze occurs?

It could be something running in the background trying to run an update checker. For example: McAfee Antvirus, etc.

Its been known to happen.

HP Recommended

I have, there’s nothing that is using a lot of resources. I also turn off the antivirus before I play every time

HP Recommended

I have also been having this exact same problem with my HP Omen Obelisk desktop... I thought it was just the one computer I had so I exchanged it at store for another and the one I have now is doing the exact same thing... any game I play will freeze and then it goes right back to gameplay.. I don’t think antivirus or anything in the background is causing this

HP Recommended

If I were you, I would contact HP Support for warranty help. You are entitled and they can report any defects they find to HP directly.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem as well.  Any game, including League, WoW, GTA , League, freezes multiple times per game.  After 2 different sessions with HP support, problems persist (they updated drivers).  Now they want me to send in computer for 8 days to examine/fix.  Has anyone had success with this??? If they send it back saying they can't find anything wrong or something like that I'm completely screwed.  PLEASE let me know, I am leaning towards just getting a full refund since this wil push me past my 30 day purchase date.

HP Recommended

Opt for a refund and do it quickly - there's no reason to faff with this nonsense immediately after the purchase.

(My PC was sent to HP in similar circumstances and I got it back - REPAIRED - only some >30 days later, but only after I escalated quite heavily within the HP)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.