Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have that exact same problem with my 2 months old omen obelisk 875, random freezes for few seconds every now and then. This began right after the moment when i could give my computer back with no fee. I planned to play and stream hard platforming games on it as well as do dj mix streams. BOTH THESE THINGS ARE LITTERALLY IMPOSSIBLE NOW, THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD SUPPORT WITH THAT ISSUE HP. by the way, i saw a post with that same problem from 2015 already, which shows me HP just doesn't care. thank you for charging me 2100euros for a broken pc, HP.

HP Recommended

So i guess its not just me.. seems like they have alot of problems with obelisk dekstop pc? Have the production went wrong or bad quality control?

HP Recommended

Subject: Re: HP Omen Obelisk freezes during gaming

So i guess its not just me.. seems like they have alot of problems with obelisk dekstop pc? Have the production went wrong or bad quality control?

Did this reply resolve your post or question?

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

Thanks for being a member!

The HP Support Community Team

NO IF YOU WOULD EVEN READ WHAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THIS DOENT EVEN SLIGHTLY OFFER A SOLUTION FOR SAID PROBLEM. HP in all honesty, right now you are giving the image of complete incompetence and you dont even care. I sunk 2100euros in a product of yours which is not even working + after i studied a few posts in this forum your omen machines, if its laptops or desktops, do have freezing issues since at least 2015, which is 4 years ago. This is unacceptable and you are really not making a good impression with that.

HP Recommended

My careful stance on this is it's not HP's fault entirely, but (I'm betting) Microsoft's and Intel's.

The former is responsible for shabby OS release - Windows 10, in whatever flavour, and to date. I don't think any comment here is needed.

The latter: for all issues related to security (or lack thereof) of their processors, chipset and what not - hardly documented, hastily patched, and not entirely compatible with the above OS patches. But it eventually got better last year...

HP hardware - manufactured by other OEMs under HP stamp - is actually not that bad. It's limited hardware- or software-wise unlike ASUS or others', and not very user-friendly when it comes to upgrades. But once it works and under stable OS, it works okay. And it's relatively cheap - you simply can't build a PC for the same price as if you got it from HP (but with the view that expansion possibilities will be limited to SSD/HDD and RAM, you can forget about CPU, PSU or GFX unless you want to ask for troubles).

My HP Omen 870-095na is stable as it never was. And does what I purchased it for. But I've not moved to Windows 10 1903 release just yet though...

HP Recommended

I had this happen all the time. Exactly how your describing it. I found a bandaid fix, it helps play without any lag spikes anymore. By the looks of it, something with the Omen Command Center is causing it. If you go to task manager and look up all the tasks that are running, look for Omen Command Center. Click it and press end task. Once you have ended that, try the game again. That has made miracles for me, hope it helps you all as well. I've tested it during a game where i am lagging every 20secs (more or less), opened task manager and closed Omen Command Center. Then smooth ride whole game after that.

HP Recommended

Uninstall HP omen command center. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.