11-08-2018 08:20 AM
I have this wierd spikes on my fan speed(rpm). What is that ?
11-09-2018 11:02 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums,
We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!
Did you know HP doesn't recommend using 3rd party programs to identify the fan speed as the data may not be accurate?
Besides, have you attempted using the HP Omen Controller for the same task?
Also, do you have any issues with the system performance due to these spikes? If yes, please elaborate on what does issues are.
While you respond to that, here's what you may want to do if the spikes are causing issues with system performance or have excessive noise:
Let's start with the below steps:
- Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
- Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
- Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
- Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
- Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use
Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,
And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first!
That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee