Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP omen desktop: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7637407 . I have had this for like a week now and when gaming at 120FPS capped all low settings the temperatures are really bad.

GPU: 66 - 74 degrees which I think is fine

CPU: 74-94 degrees and its super super loud. I have my PC on my desk. And next to the power supply where there is a squared box to let air flow through it is sort of blocked by my deskstop. If I placed my pc on top of books so there is space for air flow would this improve? Also I have seen other people with my same PC and they don't get this problem? I use the high performance power plan.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@criptycal , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

here is the product number: 7ED68EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @criptycal!

You are correct about the temperatures being too high on the processor.  The Tjunction for the i7-9700F is 100C.  This is what the specifications from Intel say TJUNCTION  Temperature is the maximum temperature allowed at the processor die.  When it gets close it will begin throttling which will definitely make the computer noisier.

I suggest contacting the seller for help.  It could be that the processor was not installed properly.

HP Recommended

He removed my CPU from my PC and added a new i7-9700F with thermal paste and same cooler and I am still getting the problem

HP Recommended

This is not good @criptycal!

There should be at least 6 inches (152.4mm) of space on each side of the computer to assure good airflow.  You should place the computer where this is possible to see if it makes a difference.  Otherwise, I would contact the seller again to see if they have further suggestions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.