Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spaceman3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen and VGA

I just purchased an HP Omen and can't seem to find a VGA port in the tower... Is there no option for this?  The manual clearly indicates that it should be there.

1 REPLY 1
Level 20
Level 20
112,070 102,247 16,037 24,640
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen and VGA

Hi:

Since you didn't post what specific model Omen desktop you bought, I can't comment on what ports are on the back of your model.

However, on the Omen desktop PC's I have seen, there are normally only two HDMI out ports in back.

So, assuming that you have a LCD monitor--even if it is a pretty old one like mine (from 2004 or so), even my old monitor has a DVI port.

In that case, all you need to do is to check the bottom of your monitor, where the VGA cable plugs into and confirm that there is a white DVI port there as well.

If there is, then purchase a HDMI to DVI cable of sufficient length for your use.  Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Rankie-Rated-Speed-Bi-Directional/dp/B00YOSA85Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronic...

These new PC's have HD graphics, so they don't normally use the old analog VGA ports anymore, except on business class PC's.

Soon, VGA will go the way of floppy disk drives and such.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation