Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen network spiking and being unresponsive in general

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm in a little bit of a pickle at the moment.

My desktop has been working fine, up until a few days ago, at which point the wireless connection has been absurd. In voice chats im lagging to the point where it's unbearable. When I troubleshoot or do a network test, everything comes up fine. Up until now, I've updated the drivers, and searched the form for hours. I'm at a loss at this point, does anyone know anything i can do?

Thanks,

-Quarks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,162 6,147 584 1,310
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Network problems are tough to troubleshoot.

Won't go into all the possibilities.

I had WIFI problems. Gave up.

Bought a network powerline adapter which provides network connections using the AC power lines in the home.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
731 713 31 167
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unless your issues are limited to bad WiFi connection (i.e. interferences, noise etc.) which can be addressed by changing the channel - or by plugging your computer to the network via cable (sicher ist sicher), in general terms: Wireshark is your friend when it comes to addressing all  sorts of network issues and its troubleshooting.

https://www.wireshark.org/

But in order to use it efficiently one really needs to know what one is dealing with!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation