Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm in a little bit of a pickle at the moment.

My desktop has been working fine, up until a few days ago, at which point the wireless connection has been absurd. In voice chats im lagging to the point where it's unbearable. When I troubleshoot or do a network test, everything comes up fine. Up until now, I've updated the drivers, and searched the form for hours. I'm at a loss at this point, does anyone know anything i can do?

Thanks,

-Quarks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Network problems are tough to troubleshoot.

Won't go into all the possibilities.

I had WIFI problems. Gave up.

Bought a network powerline adapter which provides network connections using the AC power lines in the home.

Regards

HP Recommended

Unless your issues are limited to bad WiFi connection (i.e. interferences, noise etc.) which can be addressed by changing the channel - or by plugging your computer to the network via cable (sicher ist sicher), in general terms: Wireshark is your friend when it comes to addressing all  sorts of network issues and its troubleshooting.

https://www.wireshark.org/

But in order to use it efficiently one really needs to know what one is dealing with!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.