ndelong
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 790-0010 M2 SSD

HP Recommended
790-0010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I purchased the Pavilion 790-0010 gaming desktop a few months ago. I’ve already had it apart and noticed that it has an M.2 SSD slot on the motherboard. I’m thinking of replacing the 1 TB hard disk that came with the PC, but I’m not sure what kind of screw I should get for the M.2 SSD, or if it maybe needs a screw plus a standoff. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there anyone who’s maybe already put an SSD in this or one of the other 790 series desktops? Any advice is much appreciated! I really wish HP had just included one, but they didn’t. 

Also, as a side note, this PC came with a very low wattage PSU (310 watts). If anyone is curious, I can confirm that the higher wattage power supplies for the other 790 PCs work fine in this machine. I bought the 400 watt and it was a pretty easy replacement, except for getting the bezel off the DVD writer—removing that was the hardest part of the whole job!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation