Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
790-0010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I purchased the Pavilion 790-0010 gaming desktop a few months ago. I’ve already had it apart and noticed that it has an M.2 SSD slot on the motherboard. I’m thinking of replacing the 1 TB hard disk that came with the PC, but I’m not sure what kind of screw I should get for the M.2 SSD, or if it maybe needs a screw plus a standoff. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there anyone who’s maybe already put an SSD in this or one of the other 790 series desktops? Any advice is much appreciated! I really wish HP had just included one, but they didn’t. 

Also, as a side note, this PC came with a very low wattage PSU (310 watts). If anyone is curious, I can confirm that the higher wattage power supplies for the other 790 PCs work fine in this machine. I bought the 400 watt and it was a pretty easy replacement, except for getting the bezel off the DVD writer—removing that was the hardest part of the whole job!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.