ndelong
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 790-0010 M2 SSD

790-0010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I purchased the Pavilion 790-0010 gaming desktop a few months ago. I’ve already had it apart and noticed that it has an M.2 SSD slot on the motherboard. I’m thinking of replacing the 1 TB hard disk that came with the PC, but I’m not sure what kind of screw I should get for the M.2 SSD, or if it maybe needs a screw plus a standoff. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there anyone who’s maybe already put an SSD in this or one of the other 790 series desktops? Any advice is much appreciated! I really wish HP had just included one, but they didn’t. 

Also, as a side note, this PC came with a very low wattage PSU (310 watts). If anyone is curious, I can confirm that the higher wattage power supplies for the other 790 PCs work fine in this machine. I bought the 400 watt and it was a pretty easy replacement, except for getting the bezel off the DVD writer—removing that was the hardest part of the whole job!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation