Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therealchriskim
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p017c Parts Upgrade?

HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm actually trying to turn my HP Pavilion 570-p017c desktop into somewhat of a gaming computer because I feel like it's got decent hardward to it other than the graphics card. I'm a beginner, and I don't have a ton of cash to throw into building a whole gaming pc from scratch (although it's a goal of mine eventually). 

So far the specs are as follows:

- i5-7400 Quad core

-16 GB RAM

-1 TB Hard Drive

I'm wondering if this pc would fit a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 GPU and an upgraded power supply, and if the GPU/PS upgrade would be sufficient to run games like PUBG smoothly? 

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
21,980 21,615 2,492 8,299
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p017c Parts Upgrade?

@therealchriskim, welcome to the forum.

First of all here are the System Requirements for PUBG on PCGamer.

This will give you an idea of what your system should look like when it is upgraded.  Since you don't have a ton of money, I suggest this video card.  It is only a GTX 1050 Ti SC (SC is slightly overclocked), but it will cost you about $350 less than a 1070 or 1080.  Also, it requires far less power.  It requires only 300W to run properly and no supplemental power connectors.  I suggest a power supply unit (PSU) of 500W.  I like Corsair products.  You should consider a modular PSU.  They allow you to use only the cables that you absolutely need.  This makes for better airflow which is important when gaming.

Now, to make up some of the difference in system performance, I recommend a Samsung SSD.  It should be at least 500 GB.  Samsung drives seem to work better with HP motherboards.

If you decide to go with a SSD, I will be glad to tell you the best way to install it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!