KavOps
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion GTX 1060 3gb undperforming

HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-148
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not to long ago did I decide to pick up the HP Pavilion Power Desktop, reading all the reviews and watching videos with similar specs I thought this would be a good pickup whenever I got the PC however the SSD wasn't the Operating system and the HDD wasn't the main Storage drive. That's not my biggest problem but whenever I tried playing games like Fortnite or Overwatch I would get extremely low FPS even on the lowest video settings due to the Graphics card undperforming heavily, I tried installing and uninstalling it multiple times on the NVIDIA sight and even in the Geforce Experience application, any help would be appreciated. :Wink:

4 REPLIES 4
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings KavOps,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Three components installed in the motherboard (MB) contribute to a good gaming experience:

Graphics card, the 1060 is a nice card.

RAM, you have 16 Gbs of DDR 4 2400 RAM. More than enough for a good gaming experience.

There are two versions of the Basswood motherboard. One version has a Ryzen5 1400. The other MB has an Intel Socket 775 chipset.

Which MB do you have?

The Ryzen should be good to go but the Intel processor could be the bottleneck.

Regards

0 Kudos
KavOps
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, Grzwacz I am using the Ryzen and I even overclocked it a bit I don't understand why I am getting such low frames on games like fortnite and why the GPU is rendering so slow

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi KavOps,

I don't know what to tell you.

This site lists recommended specs.

Your PC should be able to do this stuff.

Regards

0 Kudos
Exloe
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Easy fix. Turn off power save mode.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation