Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0302ns
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey there.

I was just wondering what is the maximum RAM memory I can install on the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0302ns PC.

I have read in the motherboard specifications that it can support up to 32GB of RAM on 64 - it sytems (as it is my case), and that it supports 4GB and 8GB sticks, but how could it support 32GB if I have only two slots?

Will I be able to pop in 2 x 16GB sticks?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

One section of the memory upgrade specs is wrong.  But which section?

HP Pavilion 690-0302ns Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

So, what you can do to figure out which part is wrong...the 8 GB DIMM Max, or the 2 x 16 GB total, would be to:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and hit enter. There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.