Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TG01-0199
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! I have a question about my HP Pavilion TG01-0199. The problem I have is that i'd like to upgrade my GPU from the Nvidia GTX 1650 to a Nvidia RTX 2060 S Mini from Zotac. In order to do this i'd have to upgrade the PSU from the stock 310W to 550W. Does anyone have any insight on how I would go about doing this? Is the motherboard in my computer compatible with standard PSUs? If so, which size should I buy? If it isn't are there any other options I have? Possibly other graphics card options.. Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @SilverPC 

Most likely no. That card requires a min 550W PSU and the highest wattage card HP makes for that system is 500w.

You might get away with it but if not, you're out some money spent trying.  I would try for a 2060 mini instead.

The PSU is proprietary (the motherboard will not take a standard PUS) so you have to get the specific model  part... P/N: L05757-800

HP parts surfer that you order from says its not available either. You would have to see what you found online via a third party source.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @SilverPC 

Most likely no. That card requires a min 550W PSU and the highest wattage card HP makes for that system is 500w.

You might get away with it but if not, you're out some money spent trying.  I would try for a 2060 mini instead.

The PSU is proprietary (the motherboard will not take a standard PUS) so you have to get the specific model  part... P/N: L05757-800

HP parts surfer that you order from says its not available either. You would have to see what you found online via a third party source.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.