FromAfghanistan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion upgrade help, GPU

p6-2010uk
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I currentley have a HP Pavillion p6 series (p6-2010uk) and want to upgrade some parts

Processor to a Intel Core i5-2500k, (I have seen that the motherboard supports i5-2xxx)

Graphics to a GTX 1050ti

RAM to 12gb

and PSU to a Corsair CP-9020101-UK CX450M 450 W.

I have done some research and the processor would be fine in the motherboard, but:

1. I am not sure if the 1050ti will even fit.

2. I have seen people saying when they use some GTX cards it makes there screen go black, something about the wrong bios. Is there a way I could make a gtx 1050ti work? Or any other cards that would work that won't bottleneck? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
onlyconnect
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This PC?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03020761

Says it supports max 8GB RAM.

I would check that a GTX 1050ti will fit physically before spending money.

The wider question is whether it is worth spending so much on an existing PC when you will get better performance from a new one.

Note: I do not work for HP and have not tested your proposed hardware combination 

Tim

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,769 5,757 544 1,203
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Newer graphics cards from Nvidia or AMD will not work because your PC has a Legacy BIOS.

Your BIOS is at version 7.xx.

HP introduced the UEFI BIOS at version 8.xx. Your MB cannot be updated to a version 8.xx BIOS.

Nvidia 600 series cards will work on your system.

Sapphire and MSI make some cards that will work with a Legacy BIOS. 

Measure to verify the new card will fit and check power supply requirements. AMD cards need more power.

Tom

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation