Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP obelisk 2080
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Hello community, I recently purchased a HP obelisk 2080.  While gaming for the first few weeks I experienced no issues at all and loved it.  The last week or so I have been receiving 2-3 second complete freezes the cut both output and inputs. Even keys I press during the freeze aren’t registered towards my in game character.  What can be done other than just checking to see if it’s covered by warranty?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pjohnson7401, welcome to the forum.

The first thing that you should do is check to assure all of your drivers and software (games) are up to date.  If not, this could cause your problem.  It could be a failing power supply unit (PSU).  This is an often overlooked symptom of a failing PSU.  Check to assure that all of the components are fully seated.  They can become loose in shipment and not cause a problem until the computer has gotten warm, such as, during gaming.  If you do all of this and it is still a problem, I suggest contacting HP Customer Support.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.