Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an hp omen 30L and when I first booted up without updating I could control the ram fine, but after the update the app said that they disabled the hyperx support and will fix it soon, but other threads on this forum show that they haven't addressed it for more than 6 months.

I have reset the PC but don't know what to do from here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no technical issue preventing you from controlling your RAM.

You can set your HyperX RAM color and lighting effect by installing ASUS Armoury Crate from this link:

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

The HyperX RAM lighting control will be under "Aura Sync" -> "Aura Effects".

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

I think we’re all experiencing this issue at the moment. It’s very very frustrating. Just crossing my fingers hoping HP will address this soon. Literally the only reason i bought the omen is that I can showcase my rgb tower on my desk and this is really **bleep**ty.

HP Recommended

I'm having same issue, I unboxed it setup the lighting then it forced updated the omen  gaming hub. Now it shows that annoying message: "Unfortunately we've had to temporarily disable the HyperX memory lighting function. Please know that we are working on a fix and will have an update as soon as possible."

really sucks, I have read other places that people are just downloading a previous version of the omen gaming hub. However I haven't tried it, don't want to be rigging it to work. Want it to work out of the box.

HP Recommended

@yurim @LENGUYEN @GLopez15

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I contacted HP Support. They gave the solution of uninstalling the Omen Gaming Hub and then install some kind of SDK Package and then reinstall OGH just like what I've been reading online. ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WORK. And they said because it's a beta testing, expect another 24-48 hours. I'm sorry but how many computer units did HP sell? And they could not even address an issue that seems so simple to fix? Like just because I complained now then giving another 24-48 hours would magically fix the issue? Come on. This is unacceptable. Get your stuff together HP. Please.

HP Recommended

One question.

Are your ram modules lighting in sync? 

HP Recommended

Mine are in sync and currently just looping through colors, but I can't control the color or any effect. 

I keep checking app store hoping for there to be some kind of app update. I think this issue has been on going for few weeks.

HP Recommended

In my case, apart from not being able to control the lighting, the rainmbow mode lights are out of sync between the modules.

HP Recommended

There is no technical issue preventing you from controlling your RAM.

You can set your HyperX RAM color and lighting effect by installing ASUS Armoury Crate from this link:

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

The HyperX RAM lighting control will be under "Aura Sync" -> "Aura Effects".

HP Recommended

I downloaded, but the RAM lighting is still out of sync.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.