Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HP omen 30L won't wake from sleep

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @JD1616 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'll be glad to help you :slightly_smiling_face: 

As I understand the system isn't waking up from sleep mode,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you install any recent Windows or Bios updates that could have caused this issue?

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Did you perform a system restore to an earlier working date?

While you respond to that, Please follow the below steps to resolve your concern: 

Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows 

Skip this step if the computer does not enter sleep mode or if the computer wakes unexpectedly. 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode: 

• In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager. 
  • Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard. 
  • If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step. 

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available. 

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 

• Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked. 
  • Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps. 
  • For instructions on how to update the BIOS of your computer, see one of the following HP support documents: Updating the BIOS (Notebooks) 

For more steps, please Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @JD1616

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

No that didn't work. The computer still intermittently won't wake from sleep.

HP Recommended

May I know if you followed the steps shared in the link here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935 

If yes, could you tell me the outcome of the steps you have performed so I can help you further?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I struggled a lot with this myself since the latest bios update and tried all sorts of things until I found a link in the Power settings that let's me choose what happens when I press the Power button.
When I set that to Hibernate and then push the power button the computer goes into hybernate mode, I can wake it up with the power button again with one single click.
This is a little slower than waking up from sleep but it seems to work fine. Just don't use Sleep anymore in that case.
The only thing is that some people say that this isn't a good option for SSD drives (see link below), but in my case I don't seem to have another option.
https://idealssd.com/beginners-guide/is-hibernate-bad-for-ssd/

HP Recommended

I've only had my Omen 30L for a few days, and this issue was really frustrating me.  I was going to simply set sleep to never, but I found this solution on reddit, and now my PC wakes from sleep when I tap the keyboard or click the mouse.

Hit windows key + r, type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and expand.

Right click on each device and go to "Properties -> Power Management".

Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Do this on every Bus controller that you can. For me, it was USB Root Hub and Intel(R) eXtensible Host Controller.

Since doing this, all I need to do to wake the computer from sleep is tap the spacebar a few times or hit the left/right mouse button key. The computer also wakes up from hibernation without issues.

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

I tried this solution. On the BIOS update or should I say after it my PC no longer woke up or would not boot at all. I tried all the boot from USB and other advice on HP support none worked.

My PC retu7ned to HP for repair. New Mother Board.

However, the Original problem has not been fixed.

The BIOS is now fully up to date. This did not solve the original problem.

it seems all USB ports die when the unit goes into full sleep mode. Not even eth power switch works. I was told by my reseller that this is a typical and know issue with the OMEN 30L. Ok so we need a fix. A real one please. You have the evidence.

HP Recommended

Have you tried this, which was posted right above your comment, @Haiderkb:

Hit windows key + r, type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and expand.

Right click on each device and go to "Properties -> Power Management".

Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Do this on every Bus controller that you can. For me, it was USB Root Hub and Intel(R) eXtensible Host Controller.

Since doing this, all I need to do to wake the computer from sleep is tap the spacebar a few times or hit the left/right mouse button key. The computer also wakes up from hibernation without issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.