1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP27er - Xbox one connection issues...

Hp 27er - T3M88AA#ABU
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Afternoon folks.

Forgive me if i'm in the wrong forum here but needed some help regarding a HP 27er and an xbox one...

I originally bought the monitor to use as mirrored display for a macbook, but have since thought about moving my xbox one upstairs to use on the 27er. I'm connecting it up with an HDMI cable to the back of the monitor but only manage to get a picture on the screen without any sound. I'm half way there but this is where i start to struggle... The monitor has no audio jack or USB connections, and to my knowledge doesn't have internal speakers so connecting the external speakers i normally plug into my macbook connections is going to be difficult to say the least. Does anyne have any ideas? I'm new to this forum so if i am in the wrong place then my apologies!

1 REPLY 1
Level 3 TheCurmudgeon
Level 3
51 51 2 11
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP27er - Xbox one connection issues...

Hi danwalters5,

I'll do my best to help, but fair warning: I own a PS4.

Do your external speakers connect via 3.5mm jack, USB, or optical? If it's optical, you can connect them directly to the Xbox One and then switch the audio out from HDMI in the Settings>Display & sound>Audio output. For any other situations, you'll need an audio adapter.

Search for HDMI to HDMI + Audio, and look for a model that has the particular output your external speakers use. Most have multiple options for RCA, 3.5mm, and optical.

TheCurmudgeon
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation