Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey! I recently decided to upgrade my PC by adding an NVME; 980 PRO. When I finished adding it I turned on my PC to see a message read as “Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk” Hard Disk (3F0) I’m unsure what went wrong! Any help is appreciated.

PC: HP Pavilion TG01. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

It looks like the TG01 series PCs have one M.2 Key M (storage device) socket on the MB.

You will have to copy/clone or image the existing operating system from the factory installed SSD to the 980 or reinstall Windows clean on the 980. It is a good idea to backup data on the factory disk or back up the disk image before doing anything. You can move the disk image to the 980 without an external adapter using disk backup and recovery software.

Copying or imaging a disk image to a new drive is a fairly complex process having a steep learning curve if you have never done this before.

You would need a M.2 to SATA 3 adapter to copy or "clone" the disk to the 980. An image can be stored on external media. Bootable USB recovery media provided by the imaging software manufacturer would be needed to run the imaging software outside of Windows.

Check this site https://www.techrepublic.com/article/five-free-and-reliable-cloning-tools/ for free cloning or imaging options. Macrium Free is discontinued. I am using Paragon free version. Paragon free does not support cloning.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.