Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 690-0012 desktop pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have one question. I have the hp pavilion 0012. Can i change the graphics card from the pc? I hope so because i like better graphic card and one more question can i change the hp 690-0012 pc green led. And can i change the hp pavilion case. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You can upgrade the graphics card but have limitations. A possible factory installed 310 watt power supply will limit graphics card upgrade options. You also have to verify the length of the prospective graphics card upgrade you are looking at to ensure it fits in your PC's chassis.

The 690-0012 has a proprietary : motherboard and power supply.

You may have a 310 watt power supply.

I don't think you can install the 690-0012 motherboard in a retail chassis. The motherboard is a customized: 24.9 x 26.7 cm (9.80 x 10.5 in) part.

Regards

HP Recommended

So can i change the power supply? Pls answer

HP Recommended

Hi LucaH,

At this time you have one power supply upgrade option because the power supply (PSU) is not a standard ATX part.

HP makes a 400 SFF PSU that should fit in your chassis. A 400 watt PSU seems to be the limit HP offers for your PC's chassis. This means you will have to look at graphics cards which will work with a 400 watt PSU.

The proprietary HP 400 watt power supply part number is L04618-800.

You can buy this component at HP Part Surfer (Link).

This link may expire. Enter your country. Then enter the part number.

I am adding this final thought:

Your PC's motherboard and PSU have special connections to power the motherboard. You don't have a standard 24 pin PSU motherboard connection. This is why a retail PSU will not work with your PC. 

Regards

HP Recommended

So can I buy new case and new parts and makw new pc but take parts on my hp pavilion. Btw thank you you are the best 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi LucaH,

You're very welcome.

You can get a new case.

You also need a standard ATX power supply and a retail motherboard. 690-0012 does not give me a specific HP product. There are five different 690-0012 products. HP uses two different motherboards in the 690-00xx series; a Intel H370 or a AMD AM4.

What processor do you have? This component determines if you need a Intel or AMD motherboard. You should buy a Intel Z370 or Z390 motherboard if you have a Intel processor.

You should be able to use the existing RAM and storage components installed by HP and, maybe the DVD drive.

You will probably have to purchase a new Windows 10 product key. Windows OEM product keys are tied to the HP motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you very much and i have amd ryzen procesor

HP Recommended

Hi,

Then you need a AMD AM4 socket motherboard.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.