1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help! Trying to upgrade PC and play games

HP Pavilion 500-314
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion model #: 500-314

I want to learn how to tinker with it a little before I go out and buy a actual gaming pc.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me so I can play at higher settings and have faster load speeds?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's how I reached the decision on what PC would best suit my style. Searching the Gaming site, like world of warcraft.. the site listed minimum system requirements as well as recommended requirements. Both of these are important in selecting the computer or devices suitable for running the software within the desired limits as set by the game developer.

Knowing this.. I have to select which brand of computer (HP) and search their site for a computer that has the correct processor, video card and power supply to run all this smoothly. It wasn't an easy task, because most system cost $1,000 or more. But I'm frugal and have a price range limit.

One thing that helped, was that HP created a "basic" gaming system with the bare minimum of installed components which would get one started fast and easily. idrealy once you have a general idea of what processor is needed and what video card is needed it would be best to avoid systems with less than 300watt power supplies.

At this point.. one might even benefit from participating in a "build" session as offered by Micro Center. This way you get to build you own system with parts or products supplied to you by Micro Center's staff.

0 Kudos
GamerSam
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are talking about getting a new gaming pc,then it totally depends on your budget.Others things into consideration are your requirements for certain games you wanna start with.
If you wanna know about pc upgrade to get better gaming performance you should look for the game requirements and compare it to your pc systems.If you wanna improves your performance without spending money there are several app boosting your game performance.
If you wanna learn building your own custom gaming pc I would recommend you to learn more about gaming pc online and decide what’s best for you.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation