Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 870-022nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys my name is Alessandro and last week I upgraded my pc Hp Omen 870-022nl with new Gpu (Gtx 1660 super) and new ssd N.V.me (Sabrent 1 Tb).

This is the original specs of my pc:

cpu : intel i7 6700
ram : 16 gb samsung ddr4 2133 mhz
gpu : pegatron gtx 970
motherboard : pegatron thimphu z170
hard disk : 1 tb western digital
ssd : sandisk x300 128 gb
PSU : 500w 80 plus bronze

So , before performing the upgrades I tried to update the BIOS to the last version. The actual version of the Bios installed in my pc is A0.27 Rev.A  (ROM SSDI 2B4B). I tried to install the last version for my motherboard  A0.59 Rev.A , but the installation failed.

So I installed the new gpu and the new ssd and I unistalled from "Apps and features" all old drivers for Gtx 970 and I restarted the pc. I installed the new drivers for Gtx 1660 super , included the "nvidia audio drivers" and started having audio problems (desynchronizations, cracking sound). I tried to unistall the "Realtek High Definition audio" from Device Manager and reinstall ,but the problems remais. Now I completely unistalled the "Nvidia Audio drivers" but I don't solve it.

Please, can you help me? Thanks and sorry for my bad engligh

Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can any one help me? It's PSU the problem?

HP Recommended

Hello @Alessandro92 

A lot of the time, when you get crackling audio from a graphics card, you need to disable Fast Startup.

There is a better way to do this rather than from Windows Settings. Use the Command Prompt.

Type CMD in the Search bar and choose to run as Administrator.

Type or copy/paste this command and hit the Enter key...

powercfg –h off

Go to the Start button and restart the PC.

IF that does not help, then I would have no idea what else you might have done to your system when you were uninstalling stuff.

Note: If you ever need to re-enable it...

powercfg –h on

HP Recommended

As far as the bios is concerned, if you are not having any problems otherwise, I wouldn't worry about updating it.

If you insist though, try a previous version. Download it from that drivers page and run it. Make sure you aren't running anything else at the time.

Also before you do, go into the bios and reset it to default, even if you haven't made any changes.

F10 at boot will get you into the bios.

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks to replay.

I decided to install my old gtx 970 and solved all the problems.

I think the card is defective..for example in batman arkham knight (2015) , at ultra details the card go down at 15/20 fps ..

what do you think?

HP Recommended

Sounds like it. I would contact the mfg of that new card and see what they will do for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.