Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i was browsing again looks like that 2080 is now one of the optios for the 880 ,that was not there yesterday however its only the 2080 not the Ti version  O.o they must have just added it as an option ,though its not available for the omen x though ,also strange .

and i complelty forgot about  speakers and mouse and keyboard  😕  advise? =o

HP Recommended

Hmm, ya its  still new so it will take some time for everything to be available. Im not sure whats up with the Omen X situation.

Ill be glad to PM you on what I use for the peripherals.

HP Recommended

yeah pm is fine. also im curious what monitor you use if u dont mind .

and since both the 880 and the x are easily upgradeable when newer cards come out will i be able to just buy a better card and install myself or no?

HP Recommended

@BembridgeSch wrote:

yeah pm is fine. also im curious what monitor you use if u dont mind .

and since both the 880 and the x are easily upgradeable when newer cards come out will i be able to just buy a better card and install myself or no?

Well let me share may experience I have with hp OMEN X900-000nx I have.
The system and design of the case is built for easy access and trouble free upgrading so a BIG KUDOS 😉 for that to hp . 
However you have to pay attention on some things if you attend to upgrade your system later , first MOTHERBORD :
 although the X900 is a HUGE 24Kg case it can hold or accommodate only micro ATX format of motherboard so you can forget full ATX and will be stuck with the smaller medium ATX.
The provided hp motherboard are decent in design usually host top of the line chipset like Z170 (in my case) Z370 or even the mighty X299.
Although they are pretty simple, nothing advanced on them, no extra cooling for chipset it is basically the raw, pure, more of a budget type of design. 
In my 25 + years of building gaming PC's and some of them pretty extreme using high-end PC components form msi .asus , gigabyte , crucial , crossair , zalman , coolermaster , evga ...you got the point I can tell the difference .
As a whole if you look at the OMEN desktops and don’t dig inside to much it is a great gaming machine providing stable and expected performance for the specification but that’s about it don’t expect much of some miracles in term of boosting and squeezing the last bit of power out of it .
For example If I would build a same spec machine like any OMEN of your choosing I’m confident that I will be able to outperform the OMEN by at least 30% with ease and even more with advanced tuning and I will pay less for sure .
Why I didn’t do it and have the OME X900 myself is just because where I am the pc component market is very , very thin and weak  , the market is flooded with prebuild PC’s like Alienware , Omen , Predators and stuff like that ..its jut that stupid market . By importing the components myself I would have to pay for S&H and at the end I would spend more than the X900 was when I bought it and ofcoures there would be some big risks involved regarding warranty which is a big factor for me.

Throughout my first year with the OMEN  I did some upgrades myself , added 2 x 500 GB SSD in RAID 0 mode as a gaming drive as the provided M2 256 is clearly too small , and the 2TB sata to slow next I added sound card , the Asus  XONAR DSX (I’m a big fan of DTS)
As a part of the promotion when I was buying my X900 I got an OMEN Keyboard wich was actualy a Steelseries APEX370 OMEN customized gaming keyboard however I wasn’t really satisfied with it so I changed to the Omen Sequencer OPTO-Mechanical keyboard a month ago .
As of 2 days ago I exchanged the nvida GTX1080 FE which came with the OMEN for a brand new RTX2080  ( Gigabyte Windforce RTX2080 OC ) and that I suppose will be the final upgrade in this existing form of my X900 Omen machine .

As per you conclusion this “just” 2080 outperforms of raw fps and performance in evry situation the older GTX1080FE by roughly 75% by not touching or tweaking anything  and in may cases I saw raw performance increeseby more tnen 100% , to make it more easy to understand , games that I played exclusively on 4K60hz HDR what was around 36-40 fps with the GTX now jumped to 80-90 , games that performed around 60fps jumped to 100-110FPS  .
This actually is more than the stock 1080Ti and in some cases even more than an overclocked 1080Ti , same goes for benchmark’s
Superposition benchmark 1080EXTREME went from 3850-3980 mark on GTX to 6850 under same benchmarking circumstances , 3Dmark Time spy DX12 went from 4400-4600GTX straight to 8800 with RTX and that’s only for starter all stock nothing tweaked..
If money is not a problem for you go for the 2080Ti OMEN version immediately , if in other hand you want excellent gaming performance by that I mean top-of the line maximum performance 2080 is really a muscle pack that won’t let you down and you will save a few hundred bucks , if you want maximum performance and save even  more money build your won gaming PC if you know how .
As for the speakers, I use Logitech Z906 connected via Optical using DTS Interactive & Razer Tiamat 5.1 surround headphones connected analog to the XonarDSX in the same time.
My mouse of choice is Logitech G602
In my case I don’t use a classic monitor but a 43 inch LG HDR Flat TV connected via HDMI 2.0b certified cable that’s why 4K is a must for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.