Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I imagine they do have much better thermal infrastructure, I won't pretend the 30L is impressive in that respect. What I'm wondering at this point is what practical implications does it have? 50-90C shouldn't be damaging to the processor, right?

HP Recommended

Damaging? Not necessarily because the processor will thermal throttle to compensate. Extremely limiting? Very much so.  It will dictate the type of load your pc will be able to handle. You will not get the full power of your pc.  And you might even experience shut downs and reboots. Further more 50c is more than just an indication of poor thermals its an indication something is wrong.  Either a dust clog, cooler needs to be reset (sometimes they shake loose from the paste and you have poor contact)  or software wise something is going on.  Check task manager see if anything is hogging usage while idling.  Even my old crappy omen and my Phoenix idled around 30c it was underload where they were hot. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. Killing some processes have actually lowered the idle temp to around 32C, which is nice. I still think I have some thermal issues as during gameplay it can get near 90C. I'll have to investigate a bit more.

HP Recommended

Interesting. Glad the idle issue is solved but yeah now it's time to figure out what's going on under load. You can take the side panel off your case and run the same game.  If you get a lot lower temps you might have a dust clog somewhere. 

HP Recommended

Idle temps around 30C are absolutely normal, but only with a case that offers a good ventilation and you are using at least 240mm AIO, 120mm ones are just not cutting it, those latest I9 CPUs are producing a lot of heat, even without overclocking. 

HP Recommended

Could it possible be that hp have intel enhanced multi core performance hidden in bios? That can make the cpu running extremly hot. I have same spec but with i7 10700k. Im getting up to 95c while im gaming ghost recon wildlands and hwinfo64 shows that cpu is thottling. Could this be fixed with bios updates? On HP omen laptops you can undervolt the cpu with gaming hub but not on desktop? Will these temps reduce the lifetime of cpu? Sorry for bad english. Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Probably not, the Bios is very simple with not much in to it. Actually you are the first one to report high temperature on I7, most people have it way under 90c, normally around 80c. Check for any kinks on the tubes or radiator misalignment, maybe there is an issue.

BTW, I have Omen 15 laptop and don't see any undercoating options, maybe because it is a Ryzen based one. 

HP Recommended

Ok hope they will somehow fix the wattage and voltage for the cpu to run cooler. Well its not staying in 95c it just temp spikes what i can se with excel when i open CVS file. It stays around 80-88c while gaming. Oh you have omen laptop? Maybe you have an update? They released this video on youtube but it should work on both amd and intel. https://youtu.be/dNmnnBVS7Qg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.