05-04-2019 03:43 AM
I can still hear the game playing in the background but i can't do anything. I tried all key combo's to try to get back to it & none of those worked. its frozen back there. The only out to exit out of it, is to pull the plug out which i don't like to do. It's been like this since i bought the computer last year from HP. I really have NO idea how to fix this. According to HP all of my drivers are up to date. Is there anything else I can do? Anyone have a clue? i sure don't have any. Thanks in Advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-05-2019 11:39 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Does it happen with all the Games?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform BIOS Defaults:
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F10 once for BIOS.
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults.
5) Press F10 to save and exit. this should fix the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
05-08-2019 02:32 AM
Thank you for your reply Echo Lake. I tried your solution a couple of times with no success because the Problem was from MY end. Since I no longer have the cds nor the sleeves of these games, I was wondering If they might be more than a few yrs. old. So......Could this be what happens when a game is not compatibale with Windows 10? I'm not sure, but I believe this could be the answer. If you think the problem may be something else, please let me know. Thanks again.
05-08-2019 11:24 AM
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
We can try running the game in compatibility mode:
- Right click on the program's shortcut, .exe file, or installation file.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Click on the drop-down menu arrow and select Windows 7.
And also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Keep me posted for further assistance
I am an HP Employee