Guruvayurappans
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I connect my tv and Oculus?

Omen desktop 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Strange, I got the desktop with mixed reality headset. I also got myself a Oculus rift, but there is no way to connect it. I have my monitor connected through the HDMI cable in to the graphic card. The other 2 HDMI port though shows up in the support site in I/o port is merely a show.it does not work due to graphics cards. Now what am I to do? Return the system? Or the VR headset? I think this needed to be specified clearly on the site and on product ads than to stay 'VR ready'...but in reality it's not ready. I need to figure out how to make it ready.
Regards
Guru
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,234
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Guruvayurappans

Does the GTX 1060 in your Omen also have a displayport or a mini displayport?

If so, purchase a passive adapter for displayport or mini displayport to HDMI.

In the USA, I used this one...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-mini-displayport-to-hdmi-adapter-white/5813015.p?skuId=5813015

minidisplay to hdmi.jpg

Or look online for something similar.

0 Kudos
Guruvayurappans
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks mate, But I guess all the other 3 slots on the Graphic card look to be display port with a slight thinner sockets. Am thinking will go to best buy this weekend and buy myself a Display port to HDMI cable and connect my Monitor to the Display port and Oculus to HDMI. If it works, great. Else, I need to return either the Oculus / mixed relaity set or the system or both.

Hope a $ 15- 20, cable would fix my issue. But if they had disabled all other ports too on the graphics card or restrict to only 1 connection, then I am messed.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,234
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The ports on the graphics card itself will not be restricted. They should all work.

If that video card has multiple display or mini displayports and you need multiple HDMI cables, you would need an adapter for each one.

"But if they had disabled all other ports too on the graphics card or restrict to only 1 connection, then I am messed."

The video/HDMI ports on the physical motherboard itself will not work if a dedicated graphics card is also installed. In such case, you would use the ports on the GPU instead.

This is NORMAL and how ALL computers work, even if it were a custom built tower.

Let me know how it turns out.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation