Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 25L, I5, RTX 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!,

how do i check which CPU’s are compatible with the motherboard in the prebuilt HP OMEN 25L units? (I5, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM version).

I cant find anything on the internet for the motherboard included in these. 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jammy945   Umm, Huh?

You are planning on buying a prebuilt Omen and want to swap the cpu for another?

If yes, why not buy one with the cpu you already want?

If its not available in one store, check the others. Otherwise you are wasting money.

Those systems can have either one of two motherboards. The standard edition and an overclockable edition. Click the links below to read what CPU upgrades each can handle.

Dorado standard 65w

Dorado Overclockable 125w

Enter the Product Number of the model you are looking at in the HP search page and see which board it uses.

Product Search

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.