Did you mean: 
JayB5
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to Enable 4k Xbox One X

HP Envy 27" Black 4K LED

Good morning I recently purchased the HP Envy 27' Black 4k LED. I set it up and cannot figure how to enable 4k on the display. It is stuck in 1080P. I tried flipping through the menu and cannot find a way to turn it to 4k. Can anyone help? I bought this to use with my xbox One X. Do I need a special HDMI cord? The xbox settings say that the monitor is able to play 4k but I need to change the settings on the Monitor itself. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 564 606
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to Enable 4k Xbox One X

@JayB5

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you try with a different cable?

As monitors are plug and play devices and should work without any issues when connected to a computer. 

As the monitor is working, I assume that the issue is with the adapter you're using, therefore I suggest you try a different adapter and see if it helps.

I also recommend you to try the monitor on a different computer with the same adapter and see whether you get 4K resolution on a different device. 

Below mentioned are the supported cable for 4K resolution.

•  HDMI 2.0
  •  HDMI 1.4
  •  USB-C (power delivery up to 60 W)
  •  Display Port 1.2

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation