Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-04-2020 04:40 AM
Hi I have a January 2019 $1999 HP Obelisk with 2080, bought from Best Buy.
The 2080 is failing, with green "Space Invader" artifacts, followed by black screen flashes, then a shutdown. Having looked through the forums here, at Nvidia, on Reddit etc, I have tried changing drivers, cleaning fans, putting the card into a 2nd desktop with 1200W PSU, (using two powerrail lines). The problem is identical on PC2.
Since I'm 2 months out of warranty, HP's support site just suggests contacting "YoubreakIfix" outlets in my state. Does anyone have any experience of getting a "paid for" repair? Is it even possible? Thanks.
05-11-2020 04:16 PM
@hughesbay Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the graphics card is not working.
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community