Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-149
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

GDay HPers,

I am getting fed up with this gaming PC.  Never have I encounteedr such ridiculous blood and sweat to get a tiny event to happen smoothly.  Here's the jig.  I am trying use a backup program to restore a my current bakcup to oeverwrite the HP's system drive.   Before I even do that, I backuped HP's. This method works completely fine on 5-year old Asus (custom build, mobo from Maximus series). On Omen, I had try the HP Boot Manager >> Troubleshoot >> UEFI settings.  In BIOS, I changed the boot order to CD/DVD drive as first.  Reboot.  The optical drive is running and running.  the monitor is blank but the power is on.  After long minutes, I gave up.

Backup program: Easus Todo (free version)

Next, I try disabling the secure boot to enable "legacy sources" in boot order.  Here is where the strangeness happens.  After saving and rebooting, there is dialog box asking me to either bypass the pending disable or punch the stated coded to complete the execution. how funky the excecution was.  Completely disable normal power-up now.  The screen ia  blank yet power is on.  CPU, lights is running.  So, I knew then this litle fawkup needs a factory reset.  Unfortunately, HP's zig zagging is a pain in the arse.  This model, there is no 1st battery as the video showed.  There is only the 2nd battery sitting near the power socket.  The CMOS/Pass jumpers were underneath the GPU.  I had to removed that unneccessary bracket to remove the GPU.  HP, please, do not design this type of stupidity.  You are not good enough to design a mobo like the elites > MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte.  With my Asus, I just press the CMOS button on the back the i/O shield.  Simplicity and ingenuity!

Now, how shall I do this? I tried the CMOS jumper.  Tried the PASS jumper. No reset.  I have a hard time removing the 2nd battery. I guess I will use my cosmetic wares, that pincher thigmajig.

Oh, t his was a demo model bought by my friend and he donated to me. Ack!

Could anyone, kindly, direct me to links or help me troubleshoot this?

Stand by

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Tap "ESC" at boot.

Select "Setup".

Select "File Menu".

File menu

The File menu contains the following items:

System Information - Displays information about the computer.

About - Displays information about the setup utility.

Set Time and Date - Select this to set the time and date.

Apply Defaults and Exit - Select this to return the computer to the default settings and exit from Setup.

Ignore Changes and Exit - Select this to ignore the changes and exit from Setup.

Save Changes and Exit - Select this to save the settings and exit from Setup.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Tap "ESC" at boot.

Select "Setup".

Select "File Menu".

File menu

Apply Defaults and Exit - Select this to return the computer to the default settings and exit from Setup.

Ignore Changes and Exit - Select this to ignore the changes and exit from Setup.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz wrote:

Hi,

Tap "ESC" at boot.

Select "Setup".

Select "File Menu".

File menu

Regards

My thanks! Before I tried your instructions, I cleared the CMOS with the jumper  and Omen was able to boot normally, but the BIOS never resetted.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.