Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp 500-110ej
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have hp 500-110ej desktop, originally parts, including the graphic card, gt 640, 4 gb ddr 3 and ps of 300 watt mother board is ipm87-mp , memory 16gb ddr 3

I would to upgrade my graphic card to gt 1050 ti, 4 gb 

Is it possible? Is the mother board fit to this card?

Best regards

Amihai

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @AmiiH 

I would to upgrade my graphic card to gt 1050 ti, 4 gb. Is it possible?

Check your bios version... It should be at least 80.13 or higher. If so, yes you can run a GTX 1050ti.

Is the mother board fit to this card?

Measure the inside from the back of the tower, to where it runs out of room for the card. Compare it to the size of the particular card you are going to buy. There are short cards available. Your system only has a 300w PSU. If the card requires a power connector, you might have to upgrade the power supply. A mini card with no extra power connector would work OK without a PSU upgrade.

HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for your answer

Regarding the psu, is it necessary to upgrade it although in the 1050 ti its written that psu of 300 w is required?

Best regards

amihai

HP Recommended

Bigger output PSU would be nice, sure. You can always give it a try like it is. If you experience issues, you can always upgrade the PSU as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.