Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have some questions with my secondary HP Omen880-019

1. Inside the pc, there are 2 DDR4 8GBs from Hyundai (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) for the second and fourth slot. I want to upgrade my pc to 32 GB should I buy 2 DDR4 16GB for slot 2 and 3 ( replace the other 2) or 2 extra 8GB one for the first and third slot.  which option is better

2. I want to replace the Nvidia GPU with an AMD Vega 56 for my AMD free sync monitor, what should d I do when I have the new GPU

3. is there any way to replace the light inside the pc from red to blue (my pc is not the type that can change with the program 

Thank you so much,

p/s: my pc is secondary, so the previous owner replace (as far as I know): the ram, the original GTX 1080 to GTX 1060 3gb 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HaoLy

To get the answer to this question, the brand does not really make a difference. Speed and capacity make more of a difference.

I would recommend using the ram of the same speed and capacity crossways all ram slots for maximum performance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@HaoLy
Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see you need help in upgrading the Ram, on HP Omen 880-019 Desktop. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that 32 GB maximum installable memory. Because the memory uses dual channels, you must use the same memory module type for all slots.

You can refer to the Upgrading and servicing guide

NOTE: Memory performance might vary due to different system configurations.

On this model, lights are not changeable. Click here to more. 

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I m not good at Tech terms, so by saying dual channel means I should use 4X8 GB ram ?

And how about replacing GPU from Nvidia to AMD what procedure should I follow? 

Thank you for the lightning advice

HP Recommended

@HaoLy

Thank you for posting back. 

The RAM will run only in dual channel and it works with 4 RAM slots.

4X8 GB ram supports up to 4 sticks in dual-channel, then it means you can use all the slots for 4 x 8gb ram,

The best procedure to switch graphics cards:

• Uninstall graphics drivers.
  • Remove old graphics card.
  • Insert a new graphics card.
  • Install new graphics drivers.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank, 

is there any problem if I buy two extra rams with a different brand from the two already in the pc with the same spec: ddr4 1900,2400 1200w

I heard that the easiest way to uninstall driver is with DDDU, is that going to affect any HP program

Thank you

HP Recommended

@HaoLy

To get the answer to this question, the brand does not really make a difference. Speed and capacity make more of a difference.

I would recommend using the ram of the same speed and capacity crossways all ram slots for maximum performance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you 

one last thing i want to make my pc completely silent , which fan or liquid cooler should i buy ? 

HP Recommended

@HaoLy

Thank you for posting back.

First and foremost you need good airflow. More intake air than you have exhaust. By adding fans to the computer you have more intake and positive air pressure. The stock heatsinks from AMD and Intel are more than adequate nowadays with zero overclocking. 

Air cooler – fan and a heat sink and liquid cooler   If you choose quality parts, pumps and fans, you can achieve high performance and silent operation. You can choose your brand to install.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi my new card require a minimum of 750w power supply. while my pc is 500w what should i do

HP Recommended

@HaoLy

Thank you for posting back,

To get the answer to this question, Those are recommended wattages, not the actual power pulled from the card.

I would suggest use the HP recommend a power supply.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.