Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen by HP obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Bought the HP Omen a month ago and I’ve been getting a lot of crashes while gaming, display issues etc. When it crashes it turns the screen off and then the PC shuts down. Afterwards, it will not boot windows, just display a black screen. If you let it sit for around 10-20 mins, it’ll boot windows normally. This is really frustrating considering it’s a new and not cheap PC. 

Should I just return this PC ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please remove the product serial number.

Your problem sounds like a thermal issue.

The CPU, GPU, or the motherboard may be getting really hot.

Test CPU temps by downloading the following portable software:

1. Prime95 (Link),

2. HWInfo (Link).

Run both programs (HWInfo will show all kinds of stuff) to test CPU temps, Motherboard temps, and, other parameters.

Test GPU temps by downloading Furmark (Link). Set Furmark to show real time GPU temps as the test runs.

Finally, the HP factory PSU may be the culprit.

I would contact HP (Link) for service if the above tests reveal thermal issues. I would contact HP if thermals are good because this means something else if going on.

HP Support will probably have you back up data and do a factory OS recovery to see if the problem persists.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.