Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So im just curious is it possible to move the pavilion out of its case. and if so do you know any good cases that would be able to hold it, thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JustABoomer , welcome to the forum.

HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Here are the Motherboard Specifications for your computer.  You should look at the section titled "Form Factor".  It states that it is a Customised size: 24.4x26.7 cm (9.6x10.5 in).  This means that it may be impossible to find a retail case that would have the stand-offs that would match the holes in your motherboard.  Also, I have seen problems with the front connectors in the cases not matching.  Personally, I wouldn't spend the money unless you had proof positive that it would fit the case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

So if its like that should i just look for a new motherboard and case, or would that not work out? i tried using this site it might be all the right parts but i couldn't find their names, could you tell me if you think this would work? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sLK9rV

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @JustABoomer!

I am a bit confused.  Let's start at the beginning.  What are you trying to accomplish by the changes that you are proposing? 

HP Recommended

I am aiming for a lower temp, and just to make it more convent to upgrade in the future.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @JustABoomer!

If you bought a new case and motherboard you would have to assure that the components from your HP motherboard are compatible; processor, memory, etc.  The problem that I see for the change is the ATX power connector.  HP has used a proprietary 4-pin connector, instead of the standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  Here is the Interactive System Board (Motherboard) Viewer.  If you look at Item #3 you will see the 4-pin ATX connector.  This would require a PSU upgrade, also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.