Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25i Gaming FHD Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

My Hp omen 25i makes strange low frequency noises when turned off. When the hdr function is turned on, this sound is amplified, but it can be reduced slightly by increasing the brightness. When the monitor is in sdr mode, there is no noise. The sound does not come from the power supply (it is external), but directly from the monitor itself. Tell me what is the problem? Is this marriage or normal? In case of marriage, is this a warranty case? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

I cannot give you a precise answer.
but so far never one of my screen has made any particular noise, on or off ..
So it doesn't seem normal to me, especially if it bothers you
Do not hesitate to return it to the seller!
Do a test all the same on another power outlet, and move away any nearby device, speakers for example, a modem!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer! Perhaps I am very picky in this matter, but is any sound of the monitor in the off state, even the most imperceptible, acceptable at all? In hdr mode, a little audible, despite the noise of the computer, maybe this is the specifics of the monitor? Sorry for the stupid questions, I just don't know much about this topic.

HP Recommended

No, sorry, I can only repeat, that I do not have this type of problem, from memory, I have never encountered this!
To this day, I no longer have my hearing when I was 18, but even before that I have never been annoyed by a noisy monitor!
It would be necessary to find the same model and check if it is the same thing!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.