Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 880-112nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , i have a problem with my desktop pc mentioned Above. A few Days ago it ran into a problem with its HDD. The Blue box told me to Run a Disk scan, I proceeded and it was succesful. It happend a few more times and I got worried so I have decided to hard reset the PC , the due date was today. When i came back home and tried to boot my PC i scanned the HDD again with a quick scan as usual and the PC wouldn't boot. Then the blue screen told me it ran into a problem. Afterwards the PC restarted and began making noises (two big and two smaller ones , it procceded to do this 3 or 4 times before restarting and the whole procces starts again

. The F11 troubleshoot doesnt work and is replaced with a black screen . I kindly ask for help and advice. Regards

1551813513926242451411225915984.jpg

The blue box (it always pops when i boot up the PCThe blue box (it always pops when i boot up the PC

This will go on for a few mins before the blue screenThis will go on for a few mins before the blue screen

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HDD may be bad or going bad. Have you had any power outages where you computer shut down suddenly ? 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

Hello @Arkhalis 

"the due date was today"

Does that mean you are still under warranty or not?

According to the specs, you should have both an M.2 NVMe drive and a 1TB HDD.

I assume the hard drive is the source of the noise, so disconnect the 1TB HDD.

Then reboot and see if the computer will work properly now.

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

I have tried that already, didn't work unfortunately

HP Recommended

OK thanks. As for my first question, would you clarify if you are still under warranty?

If so, you need to contact HP Support for a claim.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the PC is no longer under warranty

HP Recommended

I think its the hardrive. If you have another one i would pop it in and use a Iso USB to reinstall windows. I beleive your Widnows 10 key is tied to the motherboard 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

How long ago did the PCs warranty end? There may be a chance HP will still repair it for you.

Let me know asap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.