Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen obelisk 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned my pc on today after 3 days of not using it and I noticed i did 3 short beeps followed by 3 long beeps? Is this normal or is it trying to tell me to update something? I did some research and it said graphics card possible failure and I proceeded to update the graphics card drives should this help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HEllo @Myz14

Im sorry to hear of the trouble. Your system sounds like its having some serious issues with the hardware.

You would do best to contact HP Support and discuss the 3 long - 3 short beeps that are an error code for hardware.

Go to this link and choose the country you are in.

Then go to Support and follow the prompts. It will lead you to the contact options...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Thank you! This pc is brand new as I had returned my other one (also brand new) because of the same beeping. Seems to be running fine now. Still will contact support and see what they say.

HP Recommended

So I got in contact with an HP employee via the HP official site (not some random support online) and they asked me to download the Applet so that they could use Logmein the update my pc. Is this a scam or real? No clue since Ive seen videos of people getting scammed this way.

HP Recommended

If you used the link above, then its no scam.

But if they want to start charging you for anything, you got the wrong people.

Just be aware. The real HP support will not offer to sell you any anti virus protection.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.