Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L GT13-0380t CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 25L running 3700x with 2x8G non-RGB Fury, my daughter recently got a 30L i7 with 2x16 RGB Fury. Does anyone know what would happen if I put the 2 non-RGB Fury in the 30L along with the existing RGB Fury? Would the lighting control in Command Center get messed up or simply ignore the 2 sticks without RGB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got my 32G HyperX Fury (non-HP), these clocked at 3200 in my 25L running 3700x after using RyzenMaster to set memory clock @ 1600. Placed the original 16G HP HypersX Fury that came with my 25L into the 30L with 32G HyperX RGB, and the 30L with the 48G is running fine , the RGB for RAM did not get confused.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sclui , welcome to the Community.

If the memory is exactly the same except for the RGB, I believe that it should work without effecting the RGB in the other modules.  I wouldn't mix the two sets if the timings are not the same.  You can find out if they match using CPU-Z: https://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

This information would be in the section titled "SPD".

I would appreciate hearing the outcome if you do try to mix the two sets.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will know when the new RAM gets here, at least I can set timing thru Rysen Master on my 25L since the new sticks are not HP OEM, though they are 3200 CL16 Fury, then I will drop the OEM Fury into my daughter's 30L, hopefully they won't disrupt the RGB.

Will post result when I have them.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @sclui!  I am not certain that your non-OEM memory will clock to 3200 MHz.  HP only builds in XMP's for their memory: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

It will be interesting to see what happens with the speed and the RGB.

HP Recommended

Got my 32G HyperX Fury (non-HP), these clocked at 3200 in my 25L running 3700x after using RyzenMaster to set memory clock @ 1600. Placed the original 16G HP HypersX Fury that came with my 25L into the 30L with 32G HyperX RGB, and the 30L with the 48G is running fine , the RGB for RAM did not get confused.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @sclui!  I truly appreciate the update.  I am certain that it will help another member in the future and me, as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.