Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting maximum 60 FPS on all games for some reason as if a setting is locking it. I have tried many options like Windows 10 Settings, Settings from the graphics card (Nvidia Geforce GTX) and OMEN Settings. I tried battery settings for performance and so on but nothing seems to unlock the FPS.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KingSmillBG, welcome to the forum.

From what I have read, I believe that you are seeing the results of the Refresh Rate of your monitor.  If it is set to 60 Hz this means that nothing above 60 FPS will be visible.  You should check to see if this is the case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi

To add to old_geekster's thoughts.

60 FPS provides a decent gaming experience. That is strange your system is fixed at 60 FPS regardless of what game you run. I have a 60 Hz monitor. I get varying frame rates based on the demands of the game/benchmark and the power of my GPU.

Download and run some free benchmarks such as:

Cinebench

Heaven, Superposition, ,and Valley (all available at the same site)

Furmark

3DMark Basic

Tom

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz, I agree with what you said.  I didn't mean, however, that I don't see varying FPS in my games.  Normally, anywhere from 27 FPS to 60 FPS, but never above these.  My Resolution is 3840x2160 @ 59Hz.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi old_geekster

Sorry for the confusion. I was referencing the OP's fixed 60 FPS statement.

I have a 1080 that will run 235 FPS in some benchmarks and then run 40 FPS in Time Spy Extreme.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.