Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 16dk000000 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is what i am able to see when I login to my account. I am not able to enter into any app.

IMG_20190826_191112.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kirandev06 

So is it just the desktop icons that are missing? You can still access the Start button correct?

If so, Left click on an the desktop and go to View>Show desktop icons and enable it.

Does that help? If not, you have something really strange happening to your system.

show diesktop icons.JPG

HP Recommended

Thanks for your tip but then, like u said, something really strange is happening with my laptop

HP Recommended

Might be easier to simply create another User Acct (that has Admin privileges of course), then see if it continues to happen.

It shouldn't, so I would transfer any docs you need to the new account, then delete the bad one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.