Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
EliteDisplay E231
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have this problem and I have not found a solution to it yet. I am trying to run my home game console Playstation 4 on the screen with the necessary conversions but there is only a black screen please help me thanks .

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@M07ammadsadiq , welcome to the forum.

Your monitor has a VGA (Analog), DVI (Digital) and DisplayPort (Digital) video connectors.  Your PS4 has a HDMI (Digital) video connector.  Which connector on the monitor are you using with an adapter?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for giving me your valuable time
I have all kinds of transfers and I have a transfer from HDMI TO DVI & HDMI TO VGA I have purchased a number of transfers on Dana from me that there is a problem with one of them and I changed the HDMI cable, but to no avail, I will attach a number of pictures explaining this. 

IMG_4878.JPEGIMG_4879.JPEGIMG_4880.JPEGIMG_4881.JPEGIMG_4882.JPEG

HP Recommended

You are very welocme, @M07ammadsadiq!

The VGA connector will not work because it is not Digital.  So, the only two connectors that you can use on the monitor are the DVI and DisplayPort.  I am not certain which DVI port you have; DVI-D, DVI-A or DVI-I.  When using the DVI port it is important to know which you have.  Here is an article that will help you identify which DVI version is on your monitor:  http://www.onlinecmag.com/types-dvi-connectors-cables/

I suggest that you contact Sony's Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to help you solve your problem.  You may even find the solution on their Support site.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I want to indicate that I have a modern dvi port as is evident in the previous pictures as well. I have previously researched and learned that there is no point in using the vga port with hdmi, but the problem if I connect the ports there is no signal on the screen is it because it is old or the home device has settings I did not set it for that with So, I watched several clips explaining this, and the screens respond quickly, and I also reduced the screen resolution, since it is 1920 * 1080, but it was uselessIMG_4883.JPEGIMG_4884.JPEG

HP Recommended

Do you have another opinion on the subject?

HP Recommended

@M07ammadsadiq, the bottom left picture in your post is a HDMI connector and the right upper picture is a DisplayPort connector.  If you look at them carefully. the DP connector has one flat edge.  According the picture of your Play Station 4 the DVI port is DVI-D (Dual Link).

I still recommend contacting Sony's Tech Support for help.  As I stated, they are the experts on their products and know what adapters are compatible.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply I have communicated with the technical support of the device and has told me several solutions first of the home device on the hdcp may be the reason in conflict I did this but there is no use of the other solution recommended me to buy a cable DP TO HDMI I think I will try the last and if it does not work I will change the screen that I have

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @M07ammadsadiq!

Please let me know if their solution works for you.

HP Recommended

Hey, I bought the cable and I turned it on, but it didn't work for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.