Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavailion 2021
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Ryzen 5 3500 6 core and 16 gbs of ram. Will a RTX 2060 or any RTX series cards work with my system?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FortniteSnipes 

There are hundreds of models/products called Pavailion 2021's. Which one you are talking about ?

>>>> Will a RTX 2060 or any RTX series cards work with my system?

(a) For desktops: May be you need to know its power supply unit (PSU) first.

(b) For notebooks: Impossible to discuss here.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

2021 Newest HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Computer, AMD 6-Core Ryzen 5 3500 Processor(Beat i5-9400, Upto 4.1GHz), GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD,Mouse and Keyboard, Win 10

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

@FortniteSnipes 

I still do not know what is your machine. Please use the following way to find out

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

For YOUR security reason, please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n) on Internet.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am still new to the gaming PC world, but I do have a RTX 2060 in my Omen. The difference is mine came with an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU. You do have the same amount of RAM, and from what I can tell the AMD Ryzen 5 3500 is one of the better processors to pair, since it will reduce bottle necking at the GPU. As long as you have the space in your system, and the power supply that can handle it, then it should be an excellent fit.

With the 2060, I use a 1080p monitor, but get pretty solid framerates. It was a good cost saver without taxing the GPU too much with 2k or 4k.

I hope this helps, I know GPUs can be a hard pill to swallow sometimes.

HP Recommended

Thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.